Bow Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aldo

Has anyone ever built a bow spirit for your 22? My wife has informed me that the main problem that we have not solved with our boat is that the anchor must be carried from stern to the bow to anchor. We now have a bag that we keep it in, but it's still not ideal. I don't like the idea of attaching it to the bow pulpit, because of the appearance, and also because we sail with a thin nylon drifter much of the summer and the thought of it getting caught in the anchor does not appeal to me. Anyhow, I can picture in my mind, a small teak bow spirit with a stainless steel strut to the eye that the trailer winch attaches to. Has anyone already built one? Aldo

R

Randy

not a bad idea

your bow sprit idea sounds like a good idea for an early style 22...on the newer models the anchor locker is on the for-deck so running all that crap forward isnt a need. If your thinking serious about it and the anchor placement is the only perpose and not the forstay rigging..check out the C30 bow sprit. My 30 has one. and its pretty simple. Its a single piece of wood cut to form around bow above the rub-rail. the only problem I could see is that you might have to dream up some type of support bracket to hold the unit up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.