Boat Cover Recommendations?

Oct 31, 2017
Catalina 22 8728 Trailered
So, I've seen recommendations for Sailor's Tailor covers, nice website, product looks good. Problem is, they are unresponsive. I've emailed twice and sent the measurements form with no reply. I phoned last week and they say they are super busy so I wonder about their ability to get a cover made before rainy season. I can go one more winter with the big tarp solution (she leaks from the top), but it's not convenient if I want to go sailing.

Has anyone used another source?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Consider making one yourself out of sunbrella with grommets at the corners and sides to secure to boat with rope. That is what my wife and I did for our Hunter 31.

Oct 31, 2017
Catalina 22 8728 Trailered
Consider making one yourself out of sunbrella with grommets at the corners and sides to secure to boat with rope. That is what my wife and I did for our Hunter 31.
Hadn't thought of that.
Did you line it with anything to protect the gelcoat, and which fabric did you use?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Sunbrella fabric without a liner. We purchased a canvas sewing machine from Sailrite (currently for sail after limited use to make the cover for the Hunter 31). Did not line it. Could install reinforcing pads at wear points or place cheap foam at wear points.

Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
Got a Sailor Tailor cover last year. Took about 2 months. they were responsive. They are a small operation that also make bean bags. They were always pleasant on the phone and very helpful. Got my cover in February, too late for season. Got the boat in December.

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
if u want something to "keep the water out" to then "go sailing" as you said, have a local cut you one of these (or diy)....not for winter storage in cold climates full wrap, but works just fine year round in Carolinas...covers the coach roof. crib boards, and down just above (or below) the dead lights....snap on/snap off...(saves your teak too, year round)....

Last edited:

OpaD

Jul 2, 2018
Catalina 27-T 6642 Shreveport Yacht Club
Sailor's Tailor made a cover for my C-27 about 4 years ago. This is their busy time of year - making bean bag chairs for football fans. My advice? Be patient. They make a great, high-quality, reasonably-priced product. My cover has held up very well in our hot, steamy Louisiana climate.

Nov 12, 2015
Catalina 22 Lake LBJ
I had a cover for the cabin area (similar to the one above) made by a local guy who does bimini tops and covers for power boats in the area. It is made out of Sunbrella material. Keeps the teak looking great!

Sep 9, 2019
Catalina 25 Apple gate cove,
I just picked up a C 25 pop up , and I will be building a cover for mine soon . I will use TopGun materials because it’s a bit more ware resistant and more water proof . The cover should have two zippers at the companion way . It should have zip in windows and bug screen when the top is up and or zip in moring cover ?

Attachments