Bimini macgregor 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

titou

May 25, 2009
Macgregor 25 lighthouse
Hello Everybody !
I'm new on this forum and i need some help about my mac
! English is not my first language so forgive me for the language's mistakes !
I want a bimini for Loka (mac 25) and i would like the dimensions too order it by internet .Loka has no mod .
I want it as long as possible and wide because I have a skin diseases and i can't stay at the sun for a long time .
If possible i would like it aft the backstay ( any suggestions are welcome !)
Does anyone as pictures of a bimini with these spec. on a mac 25 ?
Thanks everybody and have a nice boating season!

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
Hello Everybody !
I'm new on this forum and i need some help about my mac
! English is not my first language so forgive me for the language's mistakes !
I want a bimini for Loka (mac 25) and i would like the dimensions too order it by internet .Loka has no mod .
I want it as long as possible and wide because I have a skin diseases and i can't stay at the sun for a long time .
If possible i would like it aft the backstay ( any suggestions are welcome !)
Does anyone as pictures of a bimini with these spec. on a mac 25 ?
Thanks everybody and have a nice boating season!
I just installed one on a 26.....

.............and it goes to the sides of the boat and that gives you a lot of coverage. I'm not real sure of the cockpit dimensions on a 25 compared to a 26, but would think they might be similar. Maybe someone can tell us. If they are this Bimini install would probably work for you also.

Here is a link to a lot more pictures and how I installed it and dimensions....

Click Here for Bimini Installation

..........with the..........

............. sliding tracks you can move it around for sun protection ........

.........closer to the cabin when you are not sailing.

It gives a lot of shade. Way more than I thought it would looking at pictures and never seeing one in real life before. We are very happy with it.

Hope this helps some,

Sumner

Our Mac Pages

Mac Links

v3n0m

Oct 12, 2008
Catalina 25 Atlantic Beach, Fl
That's funny. I wish this would have shown up when I did the search. I am trying to get my bimini on too and this is very helpful. Where did you pick up the sliders?

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
That's funny. I wish this would have shown up when I did the search. I am trying to get my bimini on too and this is very helpful. Where did you pick up the sliders?
The bimini and all the hardware came from GMI....

http://www.gmitopdesign.com/

.... I thought their prices were very good and they were prompt on delivery and we really liked the fact we could get the color we wanted which no one else offered. The bimini fits well and I'd recommend it and them to anyone.

Ruth and I love the sailing videos you have been posting and your little girl is a real darling, great background music also.

Thanks,

Sum

caguy

Sep 22, 2006
Catalina, Luger C-27, Adventure 30 Marina del Rey
I too ran mine on the outside ledge of the gunnel. I also used a track so I could slide it forward. I have folding extenders on mine that I purchased on Ebay. They give me a lot more headroom especially when on the hook. I don't have a pictures of it up since I seldom use it. We use it when on the hook only I is a little claustrophobic for me while sailing. In the late afternoon it is useless as the sun shines under it.
The problem with the Mac 25 is with the backstay. I had to cut a slot in the cover to accommodate the backstay. You have to disconnect it and thread it through each time you use. it.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
..............The problem with the Mac 25 is with the backstay. I had to cut a slot in the cover to accommodate the backstay. You have to disconnect it and thread it through each time you use. it.
Is the cockpit shorter on the 25? The 26 has the back stay also and even though we haven't sailed yet with the bimini as I just installed it the other day it clears the backstay and the main sail control tackle forward of the bimini. I think I've seen pictures of one 26 either a D or S that had a slot in the back of the bimini for the back stay.

Right now the bimini seems to clear the mast with the sail up and also the backstay and control tackle. If we actually have a problem on the water I'll be noting that on the build page,

Sum

Our Mac Pages

Mac Links

v3n0m

Oct 12, 2008
Catalina 25 Atlantic Beach, Fl
The bimini and all the hardware came from GMI....

http://www.gmitopdesign.com/

.... I thought their prices were very good and they were prompt on delivery and we really liked the fact we could get the color we wanted which no one else offered. The bimini fits well and I'd recommend it and them to anyone.

Ruth and I love the sailing videos you have been posting and your little girl is a real darling, great background music also.

Thanks,

Sum
Thank you for the link Sumner. And thank you for the kind words. I will post some pictures when I am done.

Apr 30, 2006
Macgregor 26s Kemah, TX
Sum,
That looks like a very nice installation. One question - what's the length of your sliding track? It looks like 3 feet.

titou

May 25, 2009
Macgregor 25 lighthouse
thank you Sumner for the ideas !
Anyone have kind of same thing on mac 25.... lengh, high etc...
Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.