Bilge area concerns

Mar 2, 2018
Catalina Wing Keel San Diego
While doing some inspections of my bilge area I noticed a few interesting things.
1 The through hull threaded brass connecter has a nice green patina on it. By the way my bilge never has any saltwater in it except for when the emergency bilge pump hose got lifted up in the middle and back flowed into the bilge. Should I be concerned about this?

2 Apparently the hull and under side of the cabin floor were at one time fiberglassed together in a small spot. That has broken free. Should it be fixed or leave it alone?
I'm curious what other people would make of this. Just leave it or fix it??? Just a note , I never use the sink and was thinking of plugging it up at the through hole.
Thanks

Attachments

Apr 11, 2017
Catalina C22 Solomon's Island, MD
What year is your boat? The area where the fiberglass is broken seems to look non-structural. Unless some damage is missing from the photo, it just seems to be gelcoat that bonded together - is there any broken fiberglass cloth or mat? I have a 1987, and this area seems to be different from mine though.

Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
Yeah my 83 doesnt look like that either, is the area to port or starboard of the volcano area or maybe up front at the keelbox? Of course last place might be behind the volcano where the "hump" down the middle meets the cockpit bulkhead. Wide angle pix to show it maybe?