Best way to carry Wilderness Ride 115

Apr 10, 2011
O'Day 40 Muskegon
I have an O'Day 40' and was trying to figure out the best way to carry my wilderness Ride 115 on the boat to be able to get it off and on easliy. Suggestions??

Feb 1, 2016
Long Beach, CA
Question: Best way to launch & retrieve a Wilderness Ride 115 kayak from an O'Day 40.
My suggestion for any stanchion & lifeline equipped boat carrying a heavy kayak is to use a stanchion-mounted heavy-duty stainless steel rack storage system. The O'Day 40 is a perfect boat for this type of rack. Because the Wilderness Ride 115 Kayak weighs in at almost 80 lbs, you want a sturdy rack that can take a heavy load, preferable mounted low on the stanchion so that the torque loads on the stanchion base are minimized. Also, go for a low outboard-profile rack type to minimize line and sheet snagging. It also helps to mount your rack roughly midships and away from jib and/or genoa sheets & running lines. In order to get your Wilderness on and off easily, suggest you go for folding racks. They fold out of the way when raising and lowering kayaks.