Best less than 40 foot new trailor sailboat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2010
none none Tahoe
I am interested in the best new trailor sailboat to fit in an up to 40 foot rv garage for lake tahoe with some overnight capacity. Could be smaller ie 20-26 foot and easy to transport.

r.oril

Oct 29, 2008
MacGregor 26D and Catalina 30 26 - 30 Lancaster, CA
I have a MacGregor 26D, 1988 but when I hit the loto I will get a new MacGregor 26M. Mac's are tender but they move out smartly and you get use to the healing. It' FUN!

JVB

Jan 26, 2006
Schock Wavelength 24 Lake Murray, SC
The S2-7.9 is a 7.9 meter LOA racing boat with basic creature comforts for 2 adults in a somewhat fragmented and perhaps claustrophobic cabin. The weighted retractable keel makes it trailerable without sacrificing good performance.

A more open and comfortable cabin with a queen size bed under the cockpit and a V-berth that will sleep two close together is the Catalina 250 with water ballast. It's a lot slower than the S2-7.9.

For two years I owned a 1990 MacGregor 26-D water ballast with dagger boat boat. It had conventional sailboat lines as opposed to the newer MacGregor 26's which look to me like a cross-over between a cabin cruiser motor boat and a sailboat. The 26-D was too tender for my liking. It is very light for a 26 footer.

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
define trailer sailboat!

One that can fit on a trailer, or one that will live on a trailer and you will want to launch and sail on the same day...

a lot of boats can fit on a trailer. cat27,H260, c250, or The F22 would be nice... especially for tahoe.

http://www.f-boat.com/pages/trimarans/F-22.html

but the larger they are the longer it takes to launch... *except for the mac... IMHO, macgregor rules the trailer sailor market for ease of lauching.

JDK

Jul 12, 2007
Mac 26D 1988 New Port Richey, Fl
I'm secretly in love with the Seaward 32, which technically is trailerable...with over-width towing permits and a ton of time to step the mast. I drooled on one again at the boat show last week, and my wife reminded me of the 10 minutes it takes us to go from pulling up to the parking lot to launching the boat. Women don't understand secret 'other lovers', even when they're fiberglass.

JDK

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
I was in a seaward 32.... beautiful, and nicely appointed, but didn't like the cabin layout... seemed cramped IIRC. and $$$$$$$$$$$$$ !
(no standing head room, no poptop?)

IIRC, theres a ~32 foot trailer sailor built in Ontario, CN that is very nice, but around 80-100k) sorry, forget the name brand... (not seaward)

wait I think this is it: http://www.tes-yacht.ca/32Spec.html
TES 32 (the 28' is nice too)

JDK, theres a cartoon about Dilbert talking to his girlfriend, where she asks if you love me more than your computer...
and he says "I do not love you more than THAT computer"
with bubbles saying "Don't ask me about the laptop, don't ask me about the laptop" lol...

Apr 25, 2005
Macgregor Venture 25 My Backyard
I have one for sale

Just send me your email address here and I will send you pictures. I would even be willing to deliver if need be. I have a place up there on the North Shore. My boat is a 1979 25' Venture by Macgregor. It is very clean and very well stocked with the latest electronics.

Let me know.

Gregg

I am interested in the best new trailor sailboat to fit in an up to 40 foot rv garage for lake tahoe with some overnight capacity. Could be smaller ie 20-26 foot and easy to transport.

Apr 25, 2005
Macgregor Venture 25 My Backyard
As I sent earlier, if you email me, I have a really nice 25 foot for sale. Call me or email me and I will be more than happy to tell you what I have. I am not in a hurry, but if it stays on the market too ling, you might miss out.

Send me a note.

Gregg

Status
Not open for further replies.