Beneteau 323 shaft lock nut

Sep 28, 2021
Beneteau 323 Pentwater
Hello everyone,
I have just bought a B323 and plan to install a new shaft sealer and therefore I will need to release the coupling from the shaft. I have a coupling pluller but could not find the shaft lock nut size. Does anubody know the nut / wrench size I will need?
Thanks

Wayne

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Welcome to the site @W_Alves .

Bit of a semantics problem here.

could not find the shaft lock nut size.
Can't quite picture what a "shaft lock nut" is unless a B323 is quite different from the normal set up.

A picture would go miles towards clarifying.

Sep 28, 2021
Beneteau 323 Pentwater
Welcome to the site @W_Alves .

Bit of a semantics problem here.

Can't quite picture what a "shaft lock nut" is unless a B323 is quite different from the normal set up.

A picture would go miles towards clarifying.
Sorry for not explaining it well.
The shaft is tapered and fastened to the couplig with locking nut.
1632939267309.png

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Wow, I stand corrected. I have never seen a coupling like that before. Don't know if that design is good or bad.

But anyway, I would think your best bet is to attack it with a good sized socket set and something's got to fit.

I don't know if you're doing the work in place but I'm guessing that pulling that flange is not going to be a picnic. Once the lock nut is out, rather than a gear puller, consider inserting a socket (from you socket set) which is the same size as the small end of the tapered shaft and then putting the flange assembly together and squeezing. If you're working on a bench, use the puller.

RitSim

Jan 29, 2018
Beneteau 411 Branford
My B411 shaft is 30mm diameter. The coupling nut thread is M14-2. Your shaft may be smaller. There isn't a lot of room. The responses I got here indicated that I needed to put the puller on and add tension to the puller. Then add heat. I heated to about 250-300 degrees and one good rap with an aluminum block hit with a hammer loosened it.

Sep 28, 2021
Beneteau 323 Pentwater
My B411 shaft is 30mm diameter. The coupling nut thread is M14-2. Your shaft may be smaller. There isn't a lot of room. The responses I got here indicated that I needed to put the puller on and add tension to the puller. Then add heat. I heated to about 250-300 degrees and one good rap with an aluminum block hit with a hammer loosened it.
I have good puller that requires less room . My only issue is the wrench size.
1633016288318.png