been seaching for info on installing raymarine rudder position sensor on my 34

Jul 28, 2013
Hunter 34 Lake Norman
I am wanting to install a RPS on my boat but I cannot see a good way to mount it to the quadrant I way wondering if anyone has some pictures of ways to do this.

Sep 11, 2015
Hunter 31 Marina del Rey
I do not feel like taking the cover off to snap some pictures on my Hunter 31 but if I can help you with a verbal description: I mounted the rudder sensor upside down. Choose on of the existing holes on the quadrant and connect the rod there. Then turn the sensor upside down and start positioning it so that the rod is approximately parallel to the wires. Mine ended up outside the wires with the arm pointing to port. There is enough room under the cover for the arm to move without touching the cover side. Put one screw in and test for the full movement, adjust, then finish all the screws.

SV Pizzazz

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
I installed mine upside down on the port side of the drive wheel.. had to bend the pushrod just a tad to clear the drive wheel rim when hard over. Drilled the forward facing spoke for the little ball connector.. Carefully measure..
P7160346.JPG
. P7160345.JPGP7100344.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2013
Hunter 34 Lake Norman
Thank you very much Claude that install looks very clean did not think about mounting upside down. I guess I just need to set the direction when I set up the AP

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Yes, I think the “sense” wires have to be reversed where they connect to the autopilot. I think the literature with the sensor details that.