Bavaria Water Tank Gauge Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

njsail

Feb 18, 2010
Bavaria Ocean 40 CC Forked River
It seems my water tank gauges aren't providing accurate readings any longer. Yes I could pull up the beds fore and aft and look at the tanks but it's a pain. Any tips on figuring out what part is broken the sending unit in the tank which doesn't appear to have any moving parts or the the actual water level gauge by the navigation table. I have a 2001 Bavaria 40 Ocean CC.

Jun 19, 2010
2003 Bavaria 44 Chesapeake Bay
I have a B44 2003 and i dont think the guages have ever worked...quite frankly until is bleached the inside of the tanks i was not aware there were even guages...

cbsura

Jun 7, 2004
Bavaria 32 Branford, CT
I have a 2005 B32 which has the Calira Panel 201. The sender unit screws into the top of the water tank. There are 5 probes of different lengths -- one is ground and the other 4 represent the tank level as 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full. The simple first check is to clean the probes and short one to the ground probe (one of the 2 longest) with an alligator jumper clip. If that doesn't register, you could move the sender connector to the second tank sensor input. (The electric panel has a momentary rocker switch to display the level in 2 water tanks but I have only one tank installed.) The connector has a 5-pin ribbon cable and the two receptacles are side by side behind the panel. When I had a similar problem it turned out to be the connector itself -- I used a pair of pliars to gently squeeze the connector to help it bite into the ribbon cable.

Good luck!

njsail

Feb 18, 2010
Bavaria Ocean 40 CC Forked River
Thanks for the input...I hadn't thought about pulling the probes. They look like solid rods and they look really clean. When I splash in a few weeks I'm going to work the system from probes to gauge. I still don't see any electronics between the gauge and probes which is where my confusion was based. There must be something in that bundle of wire I just didn't notice. Thanks all for the input. 10 days till spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.