Bavaria 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2005
- - Vancouver
CQ CQ CQ DE, We are the owners of a 2001 Bavaria 37. Our boat is presently in Langkawi, Malaysia. We already sailed our boat across the Indian Ocean from Abu Dhabi, UAE, to Langkawi,Malaysia, via the Maldives and the Chagos Archipelago. We are planning our next journey at the moment. This will be to Singapore, Brunei, Manila and Tokyo to Vancouver. I would like to communicate with any other Bavaria owner and als specifically owners of Bavaria 37s. Cheers, Joe

T

theo

Bavaria 37 - 2C

Hello Joe, we own a Bav 37-2 (2Cabin Version)built 2001. We sail the northsea (English Channel) and dutch inshore waters. The ship sails under german flag but the home port ist in the netherlands. Best Regards Theo

Nov 2, 2005
- - Vancouver
Also a 2001 Bavaria 37

Hi Theo, Nice boat, of course, same as ours!. We made a lot of changes to Semi Circle. Here is a photo of our nav station. Cheers, Joe By the wy, my name is Joachim.

Nov 2, 2005
- - Vancouver
Bavaria 37 transom

Theo, here is another photo with our windvane and wind generator installed. The vane is a Sailomat and the charger an AirMarine EX wind turbine. The Sailomat is my third wind vane type I have operated. It worked wonderfully from day one and is the best so far. It steered us accross the Indian Ocean in all sorts of conditions. The wind generator is the latest model. The old one blew up on me. this new one is much quieter than the old one. Cheers, Joe

Nov 2, 2005
- - Vancouver
Hi RoRo

Thanks for your reply. We will be on our way back to Malaysia this Saturday, to continue our cruise. I will write to this site from time to time. I am glad that there are other 37s around doing long voyages. I gave a slide presentation the other day in Vancouver. there were three other families with 37s that will be departing between now and 2008. Good luck with you trip home. Cheers, Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.