B&G AP1000 Autopilot troubleshooting

May 7, 2018
Hunter 31 Mystic
I have had similar startup problems with my Sitex AP, and apparently you have to go through the entire setup procedure, including the underway circle before it will operate properly. I would invite other comments on this also. Otherwise will have to check with the manufacturer's technician.

Aug 16, 2020
Caliber Caliber 40 Glen Cove
You are way ahead of me on your understanding of the B&G autopilot. My older model just failed when I attempted to program it to D (downwind) on a calm day to steer straighter. Thanks to your post I have some tests I can run with my ohmmeter. Thank you.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2020
J J/42 1 New Castle NH
Sorc - thanks.. still feel like I'm learning, even though I've figured out a lot, so what ever I can do to help. As an update, I finally got past the most recent errors with the boat speed issue I mentioned. In the Memory settings, I changed the SPEED reference to MANUAL from Paddle or SOG, and that allowed me to successfully complete the Dockside Calibration HARDOVER step. So now I'm just in the process of tuning (and learning) how to calibrate it underway and sail so I trust it...