Autopilot shear pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2006
Hunter 34 Bayou Chico - Pensacola
Today I contacted Raymarine about availability of the shear pins used in the engage lever on ST4000 wheel pilot units. They no longer stock those parts but he told me they were 1.5 x 8 mm. I checked McMaster-Carr and they only go down to 2mm in stainless metric but they have 1/16"x 5/16" in stainless. If my math is correct that's 1.59 x 7.94mm so I'm going to order them. They only come in lots of 100 so if anyone wants some let me know and we'll work something out.

Mar 1, 2005
Hunter 34 North East, MD
Hey, Mickey...

Put me down for a couple of those rascals. Last summer the pin in my engagement lever sheared off locked in while setting sail. Went to disengage and trim sail--lever moved but nothing happened. Panic, followed by a quick trip to the tool drawer to retreive a screwdriver to disconnect the ring assembly from the wheel solved the problem temporarily. I needed to remove the old pin pieces and press in some sort of make-shift replacement. You've come to the rescue!

J

Jim

"pin stock"?

is, I think what it's called. If it's the same as mine, i.e. held in place with a set screw. Available at most hardware stores, e.g. ACE. When mine broke/was lost, is what a local repair person advised. Bought the 8mm size (standard/normal) and cut a piece (off) to fit my AP, 6000. Worked(works) fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.