Anyone know about this mod?

Macboy

Aug 8, 2014
Macgregor 26S Sherwood Park, Alberta
I ran across this on Pinterest but the link goes to the "old forum" and isn't found. Does anyone recognize the mod? Who it was, how it was done? I like the look and would like to learn more.

Attachments

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country

I haven't seen it before, but it looks nice. I'm about sure that is on a X or M and not sure how it would work on a S or D since they don't have near the height inside and the way the settees are located. I'd have to think that boat maybe has a swing up companionway ladder to get to the aft berth. I though the ladder was structural so something might have to be done to keep that aspect of it.

Sumner

P.S. I've looked at some interior pictures of X and M's and the way the settees are shown above doesn't make sense as either one. The closest seems to be a M. I'd think about posting this also on the board that has a lot of X amd M owners.
================================================================================
1300 miles to The Bahamas and Back in the Mac...
Endeavour 37 Mods...
MacGregor 26-S Mods...
Mac Trips to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Canada, Florida, Bahamas

Last edited:

Macboy

Aug 8, 2014
Macgregor 26S Sherwood Park, Alberta
Found this one. I thought it might have been a swing up ladder. First I've seen of this approach. Your forward upper shelves v-berth mod was also in the same thread on Pinterest....it was a good reminder of those on my to-do list....many of my to-do's are inspired by you. Not sure if I should thank you or curse you ;)

Attachments

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country

JCall

May 3, 2016
Macgregor 26D Ceasars Creek
I wonder about airflow in the aft berth with it enclosed in, it might got even more hot and stuffy on a summer evening without AC?

Maybe the new wood bulkheads would take the structural load so the ladder could be moved/removed without sacrificing structural integrity?

I really do like how it looks.

Nov 29, 2017
MacGregor 26M Home
The boat Macboy asked about looks like a 2003 M. That year did not have a port sliding galley, or a booth seating on the starboard side.

If not 2003, then 2004, but I’m pretty sure it was the 2003 M that had that layout.

Last edited: