Any interest in adding an Albin Vega forum?

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Or perhaps an Albin sailboats-in-general forum? Albin built a lot more than just Vegas (link).

Reason for asking: To date, the best (and only) platform Albin Vega owners have been able to use is a Yahoo Group. (link) But Yahoo is shutting down their "groups" imminently. Good riddance, I say, but my fellow "Vegatarians" and I will soon have nowhere to hold our discussions other than on Facebook ... which of course is a sorry substitute for a discussion forum.

I don't know if there are enough Vegas in the world (~3400 hulls built, plus a smattering of the other models) to make it worthwhile, but I figured I'd throw it out there just in case.

Cheers ... :beer:

Last edited:

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Done. It's for all Albins and it's listed under "Brand-Specific Forums" (which I just noticed needs to be added to the main menu).

No promises, but if there's a way to download the content from Yahoo there *might* be a way to import it into this platform.

cas206

May 15, 2012
Cal 27-3 Solomons
I'm following IgnoredAmbience/yahoo-group-archiver.

I have one copy that downloaded messages as raw email format but had a bug that didn't get all the photo albums. The current version fixes the photo problem but changed messages to JSON format. Can you do something with either of these?

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Cool! JSON format is a good start. The question is whether anyone has built a Yahoo to Xenforo conversion app, or if I can hack one together myself. I'll contact you via PM with details.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
@Phil Herring ... I hate to ask for any more favors, but do you think you could possibly move these threads to the new Albin Vega forum? I had to go through them and replace every photo (thanks, Photobucket). But maybe it'll give newcomers to the forum something to look at ...

Share my joy!! (bought an Albin Vega ;)
Hinged mast base for Albin Vega 27
Plexiglass windows for Albin Vega?

I wish I could be of help with the tech stuff, but posting on message boards is about the extent of my ability. I can at least put the word out on Facebook about the new forum. There's a pretty active group there.

Thanks again!! :thumbup: