Another Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2011
Macgregor 26X Lake Murray
the boat hasn't been on the water since 2007![/quote]

Good luck on your first trip. I found a very complete checklist on this site for launching/mast raising, anchoring, ect. I would post a link, but i'm unsure how. It may help you avoid some mistakes, and save you a few $$.:)

Rich

Oct 15, 2011
Macgregor 26x Traverse City, MI
Rich, do you know the name of the topic that list was on? It definitely would help, I am quite positive ill make some great mistakes :)

Oct 26, 2011
Hi I'm new to this forum as well I think I am a member of macgregorsailors.com and I thought this was it especially as when I registered the process said Mu email was already on the system. Perhaps I had signed up along time ago but now on an iPhone so reactivating all my interests. That said I'm looking forward to joining all you good folk on the virtual seas. I live in Ireland and have had great fun with my family on the inland waterway system, canals and rivers as well as doing allot of costal sailing out of Dublin. I don't know if I can be a resource to anyone with my limited experience but I'll surely try to contribute anyway I can. Let me start off by also thanking Crusier1 for the check list. It will get laminated and put up in my cabin I'm always forgetting stuff and that is wonderfully comprehensive. Fair wind to all and good luck.

Oct 21, 2010
Macgregor 26S, "Myuna" Brisbane, Australia
...... I would post a link, but i'm unsure how. .....Rich
It is relatively easy - no I am not a 'computer' person and I know you have heard the 'its easy' bit before - BUT:
At the top of the screen you will see the web address to whatever page you are looking at. Just highlight that address and click on the right mouse button and select 'save'. Once you have written your message just click the right mouse button again and go 'paste' - you can post the web address it in whatever part of the message you wish to. The others then just come along and click on that address (l'link') and it takes them to the relevant page.

For instance this is the address to the page we are on. If you click on it you will be taken straight to the top of this page!!
http://forums.macgregor.sailboatowners.com/showthread.php?t=134802&page=2

...... I don't know if I can be a resource to anyone with my limited experience . .....
Everyone can be a lot of help to others as they go along. There will always be someone with a lot less knowledge than each of us and likewise someone with a lot more knowledge. You will find over time that you solve various problems as you go along and by posting your solution you will find you trigger of all sorts of ideas for other people. So never to afraid to speak up, as there will ALWAYS be SOMEONE there to listen. Lets face it, I had only just looked at the link for that checklist earlier that day so it didn't take much looking for once I could see it was needed!! Fair winds.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2011
Thanks cruiser1. It sounds like you and dawn and dale is it went on a trip using that list. Where did you go and for how long. Mu wide and 2 year old and I went on a 2 week trip this summer in Ireland where I live down the canal system to see the tall ships race in Waterford I then sailed up the Irish sea back to Dublin. I found that I brought way too much stuff next time I'll stick to the bare. Ones and get what I nee as I go your list is pretty scaled ack I think thats a good thing when it comes to clothes etc. on a 26 foot boat.

Oct 21, 2010
Thanks cruiser1. It sounds like you and dawn and dale is it went on a trip using that list. Where did you go and for how long.
No WhiteDown, it was someone else's list posted on this forum by a third party a few days back - Dawn & Dale probably don't even know they have become World famous by now.:wow:
I am still in the process of building my own lists. As a matter of interest I compose mine in the 'notes' section of MS Outlook, as I do for all my boating info, web links, etc. Very quick to access that way and I can just copy and paste sections to MS 'Word', enlarge or modify then and then print them.

We live in a subtropical climate here so we never have to take more than the cloths we wear + a spare set. Out bigger problem is storing cold food when going for more than 2 or 3 days - possibly one of the least of your problems! Last year we had a very bad 'wet season' from Nov to March - we only got the boat in the water once in that whole time and just as we where about to leave the dock an electrical thunderstorm warning came over the VHF - so, after quick consultation with my then 13 yo daughter, it was straight back on the trailer and home. Hopefully we have a better summer ahead in the next few months.

Oct 26, 2011
You have it. Cruiser1 the exact opposite we can keep all our food including milk fresh for days sitting in the sink. And we have to take jackets sweaters and we gear everywhere if you ever get sick of your paradise we would welcome a vacation boat swap.

Oct 21, 2010
You have it. Cruiser1 the exact opposite we can keep all our food including milk fresh for days sitting in the sink. And we have to take jackets sweaters and we gear everywhere if you ever get sick of your paradise we would welcome a vacation boat swap.
Would be a nice thought WhiteDown. Perhaps one day we would be in that position hopefully!

Status
Not open for further replies.