Anchor roller rollers P42

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve Watford

I need to replace the delrin(white plastic) rollers in my anchor roller. I have a 1990 P42. It has 2 large rollers on the end of the two roller assemblies and it has 2 smaller guide rollers on the main roller. I have tried West, JSI and everyone else I could think of. Hunter says they will have to get me a price to make them since the unit was originally custom made and the fabricator is out of business. Also, has anyone installed a chain lock on the P42 to get the weight of the anchor off the windlass. The only place that I see to install one is on the little piece of stainless strikeplate just aft of the hole the headsail furler sits in. I talked to Hunter and they don't know whether it can take the load or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Steve S/V Breath of Heaven

P

Paul Akers

MUST it be delrin?

How about some other material. It seems likely that a substitute can be used. What is Hunter using now? It may suit your needs.

S

Steve Watford

Must it be delrin?? NO

I don't care what it is as long as it would fit. I have already checked all the marithane rollers I could find, but have been unable to find a fit. I asked Hunter what they used now and they said it is totally different and wouldn't fit. They said that they would have to "machine me some in the shop", and were supposed to contact me with a price today, but I didn't hear from them yet. I checked every roller I could find at 3 different marine dealers and couldn't find a fit. I sure don't want to replace the entire assembly. I may be able to use 2 of the marithane rollers that I found for the winline bow rollers, but I will have to bore the holes out larger to fit the spindles I have. Steve S/V Breath of Heaven

P

Paul Cossman

chain lock on P42

I modified the bow roller on my P42 to take a 60 lb. CQR, and drilled a hole in both the anchor and in the bow roller. I put a pin through both, and secure the pin with a split ring. That works great under way, and I leave the chain loose on the anchor while under way. When we are at anchor I use a snub line which is attached to the two bow cleats with a bridle, and attached to the anchor chain with a snap hook. That works fine. Hope this helps.

S

Steve Watford

Hunter comes thru

I was unable to find any rollers anywhere that would fit the existing bow roller setup. Mike at Hunter offered to make 4 of them for me at a cost of $70. I didn't think that was bad at all considering some of the marithane off the shelf rollers I looked at were $40 each. Just couldn't find the right size off the shelf. He had the original drawing for the custom made bow roller assembly, faxed it to me for confirmation and said he would have them made in their shop within a week and shipped to me. Couldn't ask for much more than that in my opinion, Steve S/V Breath of Heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.