Anchor locker

Sep 11, 2019
Hunter 49 2 San Diego,Ca
So I’m cleaning out my anchor locker on my new to me 84 Hunter 31 as the drain plug is leaking into the v berth...
Anyway in the locker it looks like there are cutouts for things to fit in there.
My Danforth anchor fits into the two highest slots.
Anyone shed some light into anything else that can go in there?
Or a tutorial on the anchor locker would be helpful, where the chain goes, where the rode goes, what the platform is for above the drain hole etc.
thanks in advance
Merry Christmas
Graeme

Attachments

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Merry Christmas Graeme.
I would guess the metal platform is possibly to mount a windlass on.
Other things you might want to store in an anchor locker include a 'sentinel' or 'kellet', a trip buoy and/or a lift buoy.

Please take some time to learn as much about anchoring as you can. Anchoring is a very important part of boating and a worth while safety system to know. It secures the boat during storms while you sleep soundly (not too soundly), and can act as an emergency break when sudden dangers come up, like bridges in a violent wind shift. They can even be used to warp you off a sand bar, just in case you didn't apply the e-break on time.

Congratulations on your new purchase. I know you'll have a blast with her. Keep us included, we want to know. Thanks.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Congratulations on your 84 Hunter 31. My first sailboat was a 87 Hunter 31.

Or a tutorial on the anchor locker would be helpful, where the chain goes, where the rode goes, what the platform is for above the drain hole etc.
Ditto Will on the platform. Looks like you have plenty of room for anchor rope and chain. I you do an internet search for Youtube videos on sailboat anchor lockers you will find lots of information. You can also do search on this forum for "Hunter 31 anchor lockers" or "anchor lockers" in general.