AMF Puffer shroud line pins

Sep 7, 2019
AMF 12" Puffer Keller
I was given a Puffer. I am missing the pins used to connect shrouds to the deck plate. any chance anyone could send me a picture of the correct fastener. I guess a bolt would work but I would prefer to use the correct pin.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
It's called a "clevis pin" most likely... the pin has a flat head on one end, the other will have a hole for a cotter pin.... however, cotter pins are a PIA.. so use a "cotter ring" instead. Clevis pins are classified by diameter and length. You can measure the diameter or the hole on the boat side connector and the hole on the shroud/stay end terminal.... they should be the same diameter, but if not use the smaller diameter as reference. There are more complex types of shroud/stay connectors but the simple clevis pin will get you up and running reasonably fast. Here's a picture.... you can acquire these pieces at any chandlery....your home base isn't mentioned... so I can't help you with specific stores.... you might check on this website's store section. You might even find clevis pins and cotter rings at big box hardware stores... you know, in the fastener section..... but have your measurements written down so you don't waste your time.

Sep 7, 2019
AMF 12" Puffer Keller
Joe, that would work perfectly. Thank you so much. Yes, I am located inland, N Texas. A far cry from my youth sailing on Nantucket sound. Lakes just aren't the ocean. oh well, for now just funning around. Again, thanks for the direction.