Additional storage spaces

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don Reider

There appears to be an inaccessible area between the oval access ports directly behind the settee backs on both sides of the boat. Has anyone cut through the fiberglass and added similar oval bezels to access this area for additional storage? What is in there and what might be required to make it usable? Is there any good reason not to do this? Do you think the structural integrity may be adversely affected? Do you know where the oval bezels can be obtained?

C

Chuck Reed

storage space

Our 1983 has the large cut outs behind the cushions. It is amazing at how much space there is. I would feel around in there to make sure there is nothing in the way before cutting. Silent Dream 1983 Cat-36 #91

M

Michael

Storage

Don; Are you talking about the area just below the cabinets in the main cabin? This would be behind the cushions at each corner of the setee's. The area where the aft shroud anchor enters. Mike

D

Don Reider

Yes Michael

The area is directly behind the cushion backs and under the counter surface below the hull side port on the port side. If you cut a hole in the vertical surface right behind where the two cushion backs meet, you would have access to this space. There is a similar area on the starboard side under the bracket that mounts the small table.

G

Storage C36

Don; I'm surprised that there isn't access to these areas. My 1993 (not a Mk II) has 3 such openings on each side. There is some extra room there, especially on the port side. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.