Adding accessory battery to Yamaha 25II

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

George

Adding Battery

My Yamaha came from it previous owner with two batteries. The first is a smaller battery, and it is under the forward seat, by the table, on the starboard side. There should be a small shelf there. The second battery is up in the front of the v-berth. Beyond the engine compartment. Look under the front cushion in the v-berth and there is storeage area. I use tie downs to secure both batteries. Do you have a battery selector switch on your boat. It should be in the same area as the seat with the smaller battery. The fiberglass seat has a molded in section to accomdate the selector switch George

Oct 21, 2006
- - Oakland, CA
How is switch wired

Everyone says the one battery setup from Yamaha is wired backwards. Most shake their heads on why it is wired with the one battery connected to the common. Then there is a cord coming into the switch to #1 from the engine compartment. Is this the Alternator. I have been told the Accessories should be connected to the common or #1 and the starting battery to #2 and the Accessory battery to #1. Anyway, I need help to find out what should be wired to what, including the batteries. I want to use the switch in parallel. The Yahmaha manual does not show how to do that. Thanks for any help you can provide. I mave complete boat and engine manuas if anyone needs them.

Oct 21, 2006
- - Oakland, CA
Top cup holder above botte holes

Can anyone explain what kind of cup would go into the 2" holes in the shelf above the bottle shelf on the port side? Looking at the picture remined me to ask, because I have not found anything with a base smaller than the hole. Its a useless shelf with holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.