Access to bilge hose overboard fitting Hunter 40.5

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
1994 Hunter 40.5

I need to replace my bilge pump hose (I had to make a temp splice in it where it attaches to the pump) I'd like to replace my ribbed bilge pump hose with smooth bore hose but don't see an easy access point to the overboard discharge fitting on the port side, rather high on the hull)

Does anyone have any experience with accessing this or replacing the hose?

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
That brings back a memory I don’t care to recall. I was never one to pay the yard guys to work on our boats but that is one of the things I tried but quickly gave up and paid them to wrestle in. The good news is it can be done given the time and patience I didn’t possess.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Anyone out there with a Hunter 40.5 who has done this or has had it done and knows how to access the overboard for the bilge hose onthe port side, high in the hull.

Jul 19, 2007
-Hunter 1995-40.5 Hunter Saint Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada
You can access the hull end of the hose by removing the panel directly adjacent to the liquor storage area to the port side of the galley. If I recall there are two stainless screws securing the panel to the cabinet. Once the panel has been removed you can reach the hose clamp on the discharge end of the build hose, attach the new house to the old and then pull the new hose through the bilge end of the old hose.