AC Panel LED lights

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
I have an LED light out on my AC panel in my 2009 H36. Has anyone replaced one? If so, where did you get the tiny LED? I tried one from BlueSea that is 11/64 but it is slightly too big and I cannot get it so seat all the way (and it took an inordinate amount of pressure to get it 3/4 of the way in). I sent an e-mail to BlueSea, who responded that's the one LED replacement they've been selling for 20 years. Am wondering if the panel Hunter installed isn't BlueSea, or compatible. I'd hate to have to drill the hole in the AC panel slightly larger!

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
They have them on the Hunter Owners Website. Both the DC & AC. Interesting that one of mine on my DC panel failed just last week. But of course they say it is Blue Sea and 11/64". There are some others as well. One from Newmar 5/16" hole. Good luck and let me know if you find something better.

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
I replaced a Blue Seas LED last month. The counter intuitive reality that I had to confirm with Blue Seas is that the bulb is mounted from the front of the panel, not the rear. This means you have to thread the wires first!

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
I replaced a Blue Seas LED last month. The counter intuitive reality that I had to confirm with Blue Seas is that the bulb is mounted from the front of the panel, not the rear. This means you have to thread the wires first!
Yeah I figured out how it was mounted when I took out the old bulb. The new one is just a little bit bigger - enough that it doesn’t fit properly and requires a lot of pressure to even get 3/4 of the way in. The old one just popped right out, and appears just slightly smaller.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Of course the panels were outsourced by Hunter and the individual parts could be from anywhere. I found this out several years ago when I needed to replace an LED in my cockpit engine panel on my 2012 Hunter 33. The readily available Blue Sea LEDs were close but did not fit. In my case they were just a smidgen too small.
Through Hunter, I did find the manufacturer of the panel (Ultra Panel, FL) who gave me the name of their LED supplier (Solico). Unfortunately, their minimum order was 100 LEDs but they did give me the p/n. I found several companies that were able to help out with exact substitand ordered 3 of each colour (red, green, yellow) for when I need them next.
Spemco.com or Digikey.com have oodles of choices and you should be able to find an exact match or close to it; otherwise, buy many and replace them all.

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
Of course the panels were outsourced by Hunter and the individual parts could be from anywhere. I found this out several years ago when I needed to replace an LED in my cockpit engine panel on my 2012 Hunter 33. The readily available Blue Sea LEDs were close but did not fit. In my case they were just a smidgen too small.
Through Hunter, I did find the manufacturer of the panel (Ultra Panel, FL) who gave me the name of their LED supplier (Solico). Unfortunately, their minimum order was 100 LEDs but they did give me the p/n. I found several companies that were able to help out with exact substitand ordered 3 of each colour (red, green, yellow) for when I need them next.
Spemco.com or Digikey.com have oodles of choices and you should be able to find an exact match or close to it; otherwise, buy many and replace them all.
Great leads for me to track down, and appreciate you sharing your similar experience. Thanks!!

Sep 30, 2017
Hunter 34 Gunpower Neck - Aberdeen, MD
Sep 30, 2017
Hunter 34 Gunpower Neck - Aberdeen, MD
The LEDs I purchased from aliexpress fit perfectly, at least in the existing holes on a '85 H34. They come with a small rubber gasket that seals between the lamp and the panel and a nut on the backside to secure it.