$75 worth of hose clamps?!?!? $@*!$#

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
Just putting in my .02 about McMaster Carr... They are NOT always the cheapest, BUT this is what you are paying for:
(Not in order of importance)
1. They have what you need... just about any type of fastener and many other products.
2. Their search function is superior (Amazon and eBay could learn a thing or two here). Searching my screw size vs. actual measured size are two different things! Searching by ALLOY is a huge plus!
3. They ship quickly, and since I'm in SoCal I get things the next day.
4. There are probably many other reasons, but I'll skip to the end;
5. Most important for me; they have measured drawings for everything so you know EXACTLY what you are getting, including the alloy. So like Dr. Judy mentioned its important that the strap, worm bracket, and worm screw are ALL made of 316 L stainless. Inferior clamps usually have 304 straps and the rest of the parts are nickel plated steel which dissolve in short order.

So I use McMaster a lot, especially when I want no question as to what I'm getting and I need it fast. There are other sources that may have what need at a better price, do some online sleuthing once you have identified the right brand/source and make sure what is delivered is as promised.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Big huge +1 for McMaster.

The only thing I can add is, I'm in Florida and I too get most of my stuff in one day, two days tops. And not just nuts and bolts. My recent orders have included everything from G10 sheets, to knee pads, sound deadening insulation, ziploc bags, and bungee cords just to name a few. Oh, and hose clamps. ;)

Just putting in my .02 about McMaster Carr... They are NOT always the cheapest, BUT this is what you are paying for:
(Not in order of importance)
1. They have what you need... just about any type of fastener and many other products.
2. Their search function is superior (Amazon and eBay could learn a thing or two here). Searching my screw size vs. actual measured size are two different things! Searching by ALLOY is a huge plus!
3. They ship quickly, and since I'm in SoCal I get things the next day.
4. There are probably many other reasons, but I'll skip to the end;
5. Most important for me; they have measured drawings for everything so you know EXACTLY what you are getting, including the alloy. So like Dr. Judy mentioned its important that the strap, worm bracket, and worm screw are ALL made of 316 L stainless. Inferior clamps usually have 304 straps and the rest of the parts are nickel plated steel which dissolve in short order.

So I use McMaster a lot, especially when I want no question as to what I'm getting and I need it fast. There are other sources that may have what need at a better price, do some online sleuthing once you have identified the right brand/source and make sure what is delivered is as promised.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
I just realized that shopping list makes it sound like I'm building a sex dungeon in my basement.

I'm not. Honest.

Jul 13, 2015
Catalina 22 #2552 2252 Kennewick, WA
that or you've taken a side hustle as a professional "cleaner" and I don't mean merry maids :)