410 Stern divider replacement

Jul 13, 2017
Hunter 410 Baltimore
The divider in between the two stern lockers is deteriorated due to the generator fuel filter being mounted to it allowing moisture to get into the plywood. Has anyone replaced this and what did you use. I am considering using Coosa board, is there any reason not to?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
No experience with Coosa Board but looks like a good selection to replace plywood. In the past I have used Kind Starboard- Marine HDPE for various projects. Please show pics of your planned project. Hopefully forum members can share their experience with Coosa Board.

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
My divider's been gone a long time. Why replace it? Nothing goes between the two.

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
Attaches to the rudder post. I thought that it may be providing some type of support for it.
I doubt its providing any support. I always thought mine rotted from the hull/deck joint leak in the stern. I fixed that.

Jan 12, 2011
Hunter 410 full time cruiser
Mine has cracks in the paint and was noted 10 years ago on the survey. The surveyor even said it was noting structural and was just appearance. The insurance co of wanted it fixed.

I still haven't fixed it. But if I ever do I think I will have a piece of alum made, bolt it to the old divider and glass over it all. But that is a lot for a fat man.