350 halyards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2004
Beneteau Oceania 45 Charleston
has anyone had any problems with slippage of the halyards in the rope clutches? we have had our boat about three years and it has increasingly become more of a problem. presently we are going to replace halyards with larger size. thanks for any comments.

A

Andy

Halyards

on our initial sea trial, the dealer noticed the same problem the first time we had the boat out and repaced the Halyards with a thicker line. (hull #3). He also notified Catalina. Anyway. . . Yes it is a problem for early hull numbers and you do need to change both Main and Genoa Halyards.

Jun 7, 2004
Beneteau Oceania 45 Charleston
halyards

thanks andy. do you know what size you changed the halyards to? ours is an early hull (#2) also. Any other changes or modifications you've done?

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
before you replace.....

if they are all rope halyards, try reversing them to put fresher section of the line in the high wear clutch area.

Feb 18, 2004
- Catalina - 350 Middle River, MD - Chesapeake Bay
Halyard Slippage

We also had slippage of the main halyard on our 350. Our dealer told us that the rope clutch had a range of allowable line sizes. Catalina provided halyards of the smallest size within that line range. We changed to the next size up and no problems since. I'm sorry but I don't recall the original or new size. Some of this was discussed on the C350 List Serve. Go to the Hints and Tips section and look under Rigging. Jack "Friendship" C350, #80

Jun 14, 2004
Catalina 350 Cheney Reservoir, Kansas
1/2"

My new boat #290 came with 1/2# halyards. Seemed like overkill, but the have not slipped yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.