2qm15 to 2gm20 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2005
- - Grand Prairie, Tx. Joe Pool Lake
Has anyone replaced their 2qm15 with a 2gm20 ? would this be possible? are the footprints aven close to being the same? The reason I ask is in the for sale section of this website are a pair of 2gm20's... one running one not, but both complete. They also have closed water cooling so that would be an upgrade.

Jun 1, 2004
Crown 34 Sidney BC
I would check a couple of places

www.yanmarhelp.com www.torreson.com Someone there will be able to answer your question. I have a 2QM15 and all of the original paperwork (naturally on the boat). If I recall correctly they have the same dimensions etc. Don't take my word for it though... my memory is terrible and I wasn't looking for this info so didn't pay much attention. Cheers David

Sep 6, 2005
well that brings up a new question...

Do you have the owners manual? With helpful things like which way to move the levers for fwd/rev ? Throttle, etc...?

H

Hector Mujica

Guys talk Englis and /or in sailing terms please

What in heavens are you talking about? I have owned a Siedelmann and other sail boats before but I never come across in my boat of 2gm20. What I infer is that is a type of engine (close cooling water system)Is it?

Sep 6, 2005
you inferred correctly

2qm15 refers to a yanmar diesel. 2gm20 is a newer version...

D

David W

Moving the levers...

Sorry s299_Dave I mis-read your original post I thought you had written 2QM20 when in fact you wrote 2GM20... a model about which I know nothing I do have the original manual and I bought the official service manual when I bought the boat. I have an old single lever Morse control and it is pretty darn simple... centered for neutral, push it forward to engage forward gear then further forward for more throttle... the opposite for reverse... The owners manual states that only a single lever control is to be used, likely to avoid the possibility of shifting gears at any engine speed above idle. Hector, yes these are different models of Yanmar diesels.

C

capt dj

throttle lever forward???

David, Wow! how cool to have a manual... I recently purchased a 299 that needs lots of TLC... as of a last week we finally got it back into shape so that she went sailing for the first time in 15+ years. But I noticed that the throttle must be pushed toward the aft of the boat to increase the throttle and forward to shut it off. Is this how it is designed? Any insight is appreciated before I start digging into it to see if it can be switched around. Thanks again. -dj-

Status
Not open for further replies.