1985 Seafarer 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mjsiega

Hello all, I just recently acquired a Seafarer 26 and think she is an excellent sailboat. I do have one little problem. There is a leak that drips in from the wires to the starboard cabin light just above the forward part of the starboard settee. I'm having a hard time detecting where this leak is coming from. There is no dripping or staining inside the boat, it just drips into the plastic interior light housing from the wires. Any insight on this? Thanks.

-Mark

Dec 25, 2008
Catalina 34 St. Simons Island
Mark, I'm only replying because there doesn't appear to be anyone interested in trying to help. I have a S29' so I'm not familiar with your boat. Just a couple suggestions. Since water is generally going to flow downward, what is mounted on your cabin top above the cabin light? It has to be some point of entry where a hole has been made to anchor something. Using a water hose, start running water on the possible point of leakage closest to the light. Let the water run for several minutes and continue to check inside for signs of water. Work your way away and up from the light one possible point of entry at the time until you get water inside. Stop running the water and then go back and test the suspect area again. If the water leakage inside also starts and stops as you run the water then you've located the point of entry. I've used this procedure to find leaks on different types of roofing and it always works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.