1978 25' Lancer Trailer question

Dec 9, 2013
Lancer 25 Elm Hill Marina
Hello, I am new to sailing and no nothing about it. I friend got tired of his sailboat and gave it to me. A 1978 25' Lancer. I am wanting to convert a powerboat trailer so I can take it out of the water. I have a tandem axle trailer already...I have no idea as to the bunk height etc. I am a certified welder so I can safely modify this current trailer..Thanks!

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Hello, I am new to sailing and no nothing about it. I friend got tired of his sailboat and gave it to me. A 1978 25' Lancer. I am wanting to convert a powerboat trailer so I can take it out of the water. I have a tandem axle trailer already...I have no idea as to the bunk height etc. I am a certified welder so I can safely modify this current trailer..Thanks!
Bunks are usually adjustable. The keel is wide and flat and must carry the weight of the boat. Unless someone provides measurements i suggest you make a rest for the keel then test fit the boat using lumber. Looking at photos of L25s on trailers should get you in the ballpark if you pick an object of known size as a scale. Good luck.

Dec 9, 2013
Lancer 25 Elm Hill Marina
Bunks are usually adjustable. The keel is wide and flat and must carry the weight of the boat. Unless someone provides measurements i suggest you make a rest for the keel then test fit the boat using lumber. Looking at photos of L25s on trailers should get you in the ballpark if you pick an object of known size as a scale. Good luck.
Thanks for the response! The trailer I have does have adjustable bunks, 1 1/2 inch square tube that slides in a bracket. They are only about 1 foot long so I will have to make them longer. I am thinking about a turn screw to fine tune the adjustment.