1977 Catalina 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Earl

I looked at a 1977 Catalina 30 today the interior was a mess the sails were poor the batteries were dead the deck spidered and the bottom needs paint all of this said I still like the boat except for on unexplained problem. The boat is leaning to port severly the owner said she has always done so. I am considering to the point of having a survey but thought that with this problem it may be a waste of time and money and I should move on. was hoping someone could give me some ideas what may be causing this. ( plenty of water) so not grounded.

A

Acoustic

Walk Away

You shoild be able to find a Cat 30 in good shape for only slightly more. You could easily dump 10-15k into that boat and not even be close to ready....

E

Earl

I walked

Thanks I walked after I found the cost of repairs would total twice the value of the boat. Thanks for validating my decision

B

Bob

Lots of 30's around

Earl. When we were searching for a Catalina 30 we came across many in poor condition from Alabama to Florida. If your focus i son the 30 Catalina, check out the Boattrader and see whats around the Carolina's, Georgia and Florida. We Looked at over a dozen before we found a great boat at a great price. Do not emotion play into equation as refurbishment can be more then you want to handle. Make sure at a minimum that all is sound and before spending dough on the survey. Their are hundreds of 30's available out there and one is perfect for you. Taking your time is the key to success here. Regards Bob '88

Status
Not open for further replies.