Headliner

Mar 29, 2021
S2 36 Oakley, CA Delta
Re-open an old thread. Does anyone have a source for a v-berth headliner for an 11A, or instructions an old goat without a Masters in engineering can understand.
Thanks

Mar 29, 2021
S2 36 Oakley, CA Delta
Thanks to you, I was trying too hard to make it look original. Saw a really good deal on shaggy rugs at WMart, about 39 cents a foot. Think BizEBody Vans circa 70's. Fond memories, probably before many of you were even born. Really appreciate the feedback, i'm still learning.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I was trying too hard to make it look original
There is the question, why?

When exploring a hobby like auto restoration, the need to make it original is driven by want and show ability. A whole industry has evolved to help the amateur restore his vehicle to "showroom". Then comes the shows and competitions for "Best in Show".:facepalm:

When we buy a boat, it seems to me that the goal is to use the boat. Any restoration (also termed refit around a marina) should be directed at making the boat more usable. If you concur with this perspective, then the available products and ideas to customize your boat are unlimited. It becomes more of a "remodeling" than "restoring" perspective.

Mar 29, 2021
S2 36 Oakley, CA Delta
I stand corrected. "Original" was a poor choice. I am looking for something that will complement all of the fine woodwork and craftsman detail instead of settling for indoor/outdoor carpeting. Thanks for a subtle smack

Nov 10, 2018
S2 9.2a Marblehead, Massachusetts
Re-open an old thread. Does anyone have a source for a v-berth headliner for an 11A, or instructions an old goat without a Masters in engineering can understand.
Thanks
I have the original "monkey fur" in my boat and hate it despite the fact that is somehow after 42 years still flawless. You can find people on the S2 Facebook page who have converted to a nice looking vinyl and added things like LED lighting. Some people just pull it down and paint the rough wooing and matt but that is not something I would be happy with.