2007 hunter 31-2 questions from potential buyer

Nov 30, 2007
Hunter 36 Forked River, NJ
2007 hunter 31-2. I have been kicking the tires of sailboat alternatives for the upcoming season, and came across a nice looking option. I have a few questions for those with direct experience.

Can the salon table be lowered/ is it designed to convert to a bed? If not, are there any easy solutions?

How was Hunter's history on osmotic blistering to the hull from that era?

I noticed one lifeline stanchion easily detached from the base, on port side near the nav station. I do not know if this is a simple matter of replacing the post, or if it would involve replacing the base. It seems like a complicated project, especially if I'd have to tear out panelling and cabinetry- anyone have this experience to comment?

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Can the salon table be lowered / is it designed to convert to a bed? If not, are there any easy solutions? Common but depends on boat manufacturer, size and salon table design. Both my 2004 and 2005 Hunters have that function so expect a 2007 Hunter will also.
How was Hunter's history on osmotic blistering to the hull from that era? My 2004 and 2005 Hunters did not have this so expect a 2007 Hunter will not.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2007
Hunter 36 Forked River, NJ
I think I posted this question to the Hunter Mid size boar forum with a subject line of 2007 hunter 31-2 potential buyer questions. That would help to explain.

fupls

Jun 9, 2008
hunter 31 Hebe Haven
I own a Hunter 31 made in 2007. It's salon table cannot be lowered but can be folded to port side.

Jun 11, 2020
Hunter 336 Florida
I have the table in thr salon permanently dropped to form a bunker bed area we use as salon to cuddle enough for two ppl & ipad we live on the boat fulltime so makes sense to have a living room

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
You should know that the SBO FORUM store has a copy of the original build list on your boat. There is a help desk but the folks will answer if not too long as you will be speaking to former Hunter employees. I introduced your boat as a former dealer but retired in 2010. Cannot remember much.
Crazy Dave