WHAT'S IN YOUR STOCKING (WALLET)?

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
It is that time of year when our babies are either sitting in the frigid waters of their docks, surrounded by 3/4 horsepower
de-icers if your lucky, or your sitting on the hard waiting for a little warmer weather to start some of those projects you promised yourself you would do before the new season starts.
It is also the holiday season. I myself want to thank all of those on this forum that have helped me, ignored me or even told me I'm wrong. To you all, I wish you a very Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays within your own special beliefs.
A few years back there was great participation in a posting about what did Santa bring, as in toys for our boats. So I was thinking (I know, silly me) we might resurrect the idea and start a new post after the holidays. Who's in?

All the very best........

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
To you all, I wish you a very Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays within your own special beliefs.
Same to you and yours! :beer:
A few years back there was great participation in a posting about what did Santa bring, as in toys for our boats. So I was thinking (I know, silly me) we might resurrect the idea and start a new post after the holidays. Who's in?
Sure, why not!

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
It is that time of year when our babies are either sitting in the frigid waters of their docks, surrounded by 3/4 horsepower
de-icers if your lucky, or your sitting on the hard waiting for a little warmer weather to start some of those projects you promised yourself you would do before the new season starts.

To you all, I wish you a very Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays within your own special beliefs.

All the very best........
Happy holiday to you too but I can't resist taking the opportunity to point out that many of our babies are presently sitting in 70+ degree water surrounded by perfect weather for sailing as there is a whole world out there beyond the bitter cold climate zone during which we enjoy the prime of our sailing season.

Happy Holiday

Jaxn

May 17, 2021
O'Day 272 Percy Priest
Today I noticed that Sail Warehouse has a sale on in-stock inventory. I'm now waiting on Santa FedEX to bring me a new full-batten main and 135 Genoa.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Merry Christmas @twodzusfittings
Wishing all SBO members health and the love of family.

My list of boat things for Santa could be long, but a little boring. Perhaps better than things Santa could help free us of our Pandemic fears and conditions. Help us to a positive future and a return to sailing on both sides of the US / Canadian border. I really would like 2022 to be the year I and all who wish to join, the opportunity to sail the waters circumnavigating Vancouver Island.

There are many a Pub and Islands to visit. Sailors to greet. Visions to see. Let 2022 be the year.

Fair winds to all.

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
Happy New Year to all. Santa must have forgotten I had a boat this year, but he did do well with giving me a new Mac Book Air, so now I don't have to plug in to power after 45 minutes of using my HP battery whilst communicating with the greater world! Funny how we come full circle. My first computer ever was a APPLE II GS using a 5.25 floppy or a 3.5 storage disk. Package came with a Epson Dot Matrix printer. Can you say "How old are you"?

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
My first computer was an Osborne I. I bought an Epson dot matrix printer to use with it.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I played with a CRAY back in the late 60's. Programed punch cards and ran the bootstrap punch tape while serving in the computer center at College. Used Basic on a wooden framed Apple I. Programed it to record music on a floppy. Bought my first IBM PC in the early 70's. And now I enjoy the benefits of my MacBook Pro.

Just downloaded the BC Canadian Charts from a source in Spain, licensed for use on OpenCPN for 20 Euro.

I now talk like Dick Tracy to my daughter on my wrist watch.

This computer thing has really taken off.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
My first personal computer cost me $1300, with 52k memory. ca 1981.

A new iMac today cost $1300, with 256 GB memory.

Jim...