Searching for my 40 O'Day stolen from Sandusky Harbor Marina

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I guess you could make a getaway on the James River but any law enforcement with so much as an RIB could easily thwart it. Richmond CA makes more sense but still it was a pooched caper.
The trip to Harvard looks worse from the left coast. Is there a Harvard - London out there somewhere?
Early AM boarding of a boat? I knew a guy who did that regularly to save him the DWI from trying to drive home from a bar near a boatyard.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Early AM boarding of a boat? I knew a guy who did that regularly to save him the DWI from trying to drive home from a bar near a boatyard.
When I was a young teen, a family friend was an attorney in our city. He lived far enough out of the city that he had horses, and would ride a horse to his local bar. The horse knew the way home, so the guy had no worries about arriving safely, regardless of his condition.

Jul 8, 2005
Jeanneau 389 Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Looking for my Daystar, 40 O'Day stolen from Safe Harbor Marina in Sandusky, was named Sandusky Harbor Marina. Please call 440-356-1202 with any information.
Did you find your 40 foot O'Day? Seems it would have turned up by now.

Jul 8, 2005
clearly, something is wrong. you are not Telling us everything. so??

Jul 8, 2005
Looking for my Daystar, 40 O'Day stolen from Safe Harbor Marina in Sandusky, was named Sandusky Harbor Marina. Please call 440-356-1202 with any information.
Did you ever find your stolen boat?

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Hopefully he is off sailing on his new-found boat…oh, wait, this one had a big hole in if I remember the photos correctly.

Greg

Nov 8, 2021
O'Day O'Day 40 Sandusky
Sorry for not updating the "true story". I had to go to the State Attorney General to get answers. Long story short, they supplied copies of documentation of what happened, which I turned over to my insurance company and I got a check for the policy max which wasn't much because I bought it as salvage and was doing repairs till a family member went ill, my attention was switched for around 4 years to 24 hour care, all efforts were lost just before covid. I had a good relationship with the Marina and they said don't worry about it, we know you and yes I was getting a deal because I owned the ROCKY RIVER MARINA until the aftermath of storm sandy looped up to the cleveland area and really made a mess. I know where my boat is, have not called the new owner to see if he needs any of the parts I still have. What happened when I called to catch up with the storage was new people were managing and they had no idea what my family was going through and said, We sold your boat almost a year ago! They had a appraisal the said it was missing sails and mast (funny thing is they did a sweep of other abandoned boats and the certified appraiser didn't even realize the engine was not in the boat) I was trying to hire an attorney and get what I thought I deserved, definitely fraud was involved. Well guess what, attorney sails and didn't want to get involved, tarnish his reputation in the sailing community. I supplied the documents to my insurance company because I did maintain the coverage this whole time, and since the documents stated the mast and sails, I got a check, yet the mast was new, shipped in from France at mega cost, previous owner was doing a short cut to close to shore and the boat stopped dead and the mast went bye bye. Was a beautiful boat, that why I put a bid for $6.000 and won! Now the kicker, I didn't transfer title, so when the new management did the trace it went back to the insurance company that handled the total, and of course, they didn't notify me. I kinda moved on, and one of these days will call ODNR again and see if the OH number is the same guy, they have to give out the info if you ask, they will say they can't but if you remind them the the state attorney general says they have to, they do, kinda funny. Hope I didn't waste anyone's time with my post, pretty sure I did it right away before I new what was going on, the Marian was tight lipped for a long time before they told me what happened, its actually owned by a corporation in TX and thats a whole nother bag of worms with lawsuits and recovering anything. Hope when I do call I am in the position to buy it back and hopefully its being well cared for, if its sailing someone invested a crap load of money in it, and it has a mast and sails! Happy 2024 and hope everyone who tried to help and even the skeptics have a great boating season. I am trying to get into offshore racing with a 24' Aero I picked up last week. Apologize again for not posting sooner, was going thru my bookmarks and saved your site and read thru the posts and felt its important to update, and no one tried calling!

LloydB

Jan 15, 2006
Macgregor 22 Silverton
three years to complete a post but at least now it won't be a never ending story. thx for the outcome

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
@LloydB , I am not so sure about that....that was a never-ending stream of thoughts. Not quite sure if I understood and then again is it important?

• Ha