Jabsco to Raritan Sea Era freshwater

May 21, 2014
Hunter H44 Toronto
I remember a post from Peggy that seemed to indicate i could convert my basic Jabsco 37010's to Raritan using the same Jabsco bowl and hence i would suppose the existing discharge hose? Is this feasible and has anyone done this? Thanks.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Scott, the link you posted is for a conversion from a Jabsco MANUAL toilet to a Raritan MANUAL toilet (PHII). He's asking about converting a Jabsco sea water electric toilet to a Raritan SeaEra (also electric) fresh water. I'm pretty sure it's available but I need to do a little research to find out who carries it and the price.

--Peggie

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Welll...SeaEra conversion kits for both sea water and fresh water were available, but no longer...and there's only one retailer who still carries the sea water conversion kit Boatersland Raritan Sea Era Conversion Kit Defender has the best price for the complete SeaEra fresh water toilet (SeaEra QC), but before spending USD $600 PLUS another USD $150 for the 3 option "momentary control" flush panel" for the SeaEra fresh water, I'd go with the Raritan Marine Elegance Raritan Marine_Elegance Promo.pdf which you can get for the same price from this retailer Boatersland Marine Elegance Width shouldn't be a problem and neither should depth because the pedestal front-back is only 12.75 deep...the bowl hangs out in front of it.

Plan B: Unless you absolutely have to have an electric toilet, take a good look at the Raritan Fresh Head--the ONLY manual toilet designed to use pressurized fresh water. FRESH_HEAD Promo Sheet About USD $400, which isn't bad considering the SeaEra sea water conversion kit is also $400 without a new bowl.

Or, you can see what Jabsco has to offer as electric toilet conversions. I'll be glad to help you sort out what's needed (solenoid valves etc) if you decide to go that route.

--Peggie

May 21, 2014
Hunter H44 Toronto
Thanks Peggy.
I have had the Jabsco electric on a previous boat and found it very loud. I’ll look at your Raritan suggestions above; I’d like to have the fresh water electric in the aft head and will leave the manual raw water in the forward head. We are in Canada so I’ll check with the supplier you suggested and see. Cheers

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
International rates plus customs brokerage fees etc make shipping from the US to Canada outrageously EXPENSIVE. Toronto is close enoug to several US border towns/ to make it well worth the effort to get a US shipping address if you don't already have one. There are independent "maiboxes etc" type places that accept packages and charge very little for an address. You'd have to declare it at the border, but the duty would be very little if any. A lot of Canadians who are close to the border do this....although you may have to wait till the border re-opens to buy it.

--Peggie

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Just a suggestion but I have sea era electric and added a spray hose next to this toilet to make easy fresh water flushing and also added hose setup so my sink drains into my sea era so to flush the inner system of
the flushing part of the sea era and been doing it for years and can still use raw water flush when cruising
away from getting refill of fresh water.
I saved $$$$ with this system.
Nick