Hunter 36 - thickness of metal forming the mast (so I can buy the right length rivets)?

AndyL

Jun 23, 2020
Hunter 36 Rock Hall
I don't see this is in manual - how thick is the metal in the lower section of the mast on a 2004 Hunter 36 - does anyone know?

I'm riveting on a couple of plastic mast steps to help my wife reach the sail bag and I'd like to buy the correct length of rivet.

Thanks,
Andy

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
While it would be wonderful if another Hunter 36 owner told you the thickness of their mast, you may find that your mast is not the same. Any number of events could cause this to be the case.

If you are going to buy rivets it would be wise for you to examine your own mast and identify the thickness in the area you want to install your steps.

While rivets can be quick and relatively easy, you might be better served by drilling a hole, tapping it and using a screw to attach any steps.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Be careful I am not sure where your wiring and halyards run in tubing in mast and not all year
masts are the same.
I have inmast in my 07 H-36 so I can’t help but try drilling where you need to and see if you can check thickness of mast.
Nick

• Helpful

AndyL

Jun 23, 2020
Hunter 36 Rock Hall
Good point about variability - I guess I either have to make an exploratory hole as suggested or see if Selden has the info - I'll try their site.

Thanks.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Andy,
Rarely are masts free of holes or fixtures. By all means contact Selden.
Perhaps you can remove a fixture on your mast and get an idea with out having to drill another hole.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron

Attachments

Last edited:

AndyL

Jun 23, 2020
Hunter 36 Rock Hall
Thanks. I do have that number but the formatting is not the same and I'm having trouble figuring which is the mast section.

IMG_1835.jpeg

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron

Attachments

Last edited: