Dingy Davits

May 8, 2004
Hunter 386 New Smyrna Beach, Fl.
Hunter offered dinghy davits as an option, at least in their 41-45 foot boats. Does anyone know if those davits can be purchased from Hunter or anyone else today?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
You are correct, Hunter apparently supplied davits that attached to the arch as discussed in this thread Hunter Davits | Sailboat Owners Forums

However, there a lots of after-market dinghy davit suppliers to choose from: Garhauer, Kato, Forespar Nova, Edson Marine, Martek, Ocean Marine, St. Croix, Atlantic Towers, etc. They all fit with differing supports and the manufacturers offer excellent customer support to ensure their davits are installed and supported correctly on your sailboat. Some may have photos of your 386 with their dinghy davits. Product differentiators are price and features including carrying capacity in lbs, tubing 304 vs. 316 (better) stainless steel, 1 vs 1-1/4" (better) diameter and wall thickness (thicker is better), one or two cross bracing depending on carry capacity, rail attachments and/or struts, block and tackle purchase, swivels for storage when not in use, tie-off cleats, etc. Suggest making a table to compare price and features of each before you buy. You can also do a search on this forum on "dinghy davits" to see what others have installed and why. I installed Garhaurer dinghy davits (1.25" diameter with one cross brace) myself on my 2004 Hunter 386 below.

Please let the forum know which one you selected and why.

GarhauerMarine.com - Dinghy Davits & Accessories - Transom Hardware & Accessories
Kato Marine
Nova Davit (forespar.com)
Edson Boat Accessories: Davits (edsonmarine.com)
Dinghy Davits | Quality Dinghy Davits - Order Now! (martekdavits.com)
Davit | Dinghy Davits | Ocean Marine Systems
St. Croix Davits (marinewarehouse.net)
Sailboat Arch | Tower In A Box | Atlantic Towers

1637775058507.png

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
I was not crazy about Hunters Davits but that was just me and starting looking at many of sailboats with Davits and were so many and Iucked out I think in here for sale section was a set of Davits for 410 Hunter that was easy to fit my 07 H-36 and they were very heavy duty Davits made by Ocean Marine and I even leave my motor on my dinghy while cruising.
I would look at maybe Garhauser that have been good price and well built and most times can be installed by owner as I did.
Nick