Rudder bearings H34 (H means Hunter)

Feb 26, 2009
Oday 30 Anchor Yacht Club, Bristol PA
The store, apparently not available
I am familiar with epoxy and graphite, graphite cloth as an alternative way to make a rudder bearing for the tube but just wondering? Can buy them somewhere?

I also have a friend that's a machinist that could turn delrin tubing or make split bearings for the rudder tube

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2009
McMaster-Carr my go-to or anything industrial or unique they have all kinds of sleeve bearings plastic bronze etc..

I'm on the boat and I don't even have a caliper, if anyone knows the actual rudder stock & tube diameters that would be very helpful!

• Helpful

Artey1

Jul 18, 2019
Hunter 34 Oklahoma
Sorry don't know the diameter for you but delrin would be my choice.

Feb 26, 2009
Answering any question with the question classic...
I looked at the PDF download and I looked at my owner's manual all it says is bearing in the picture unless there's a page missing it doesn't say what and size the bearings are,

Jim you know of ... is it a secret? Lol

Feb 26, 2009
I did receive an answer and no, they are no longer available, and it was suggested I do what I knew I had to do anyhow, so that's where it is at this point in time, I won't really know till I start actively sailing the boat if it's going to need rudder bearings but I suspect it will.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
really know till I start actively sailing the boat, if it's going to need rudder bearings but I suspect it will.
Very doubtful. They were made to last many many years.
Mine has many hours sailiing.. no wear...
Good luck...
Jim...

Feb 26, 2009
Lower bearing is loose, top moves also, . Sailing with excessive weather helm would certainly shorten the life of bearings.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Call Bob Walker, at this link, for possible solutions...
Home
Jim...

PS: that link is NewRudders.com