Suggestion for drain hole in anchor locker

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 41 Longport,NJ
Hi all - really cleaned out my anchor chain locker this weekend and found this disturbing sight on my 2002 Hunter 41- the upper drain hole has a stainless steel vent on the outside - but the hole exposes the core. Doesn't get that wet that often, but exposed core scares me. Don't know if a standard through hull fitting will fit under the vent on the outside Any suggestions ?

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
You could bore it out to fit the O.D. of a piece of black PVC pipe. Then (after treating the surface of the wood with thinned epoxy), epoxy the PVC into the hole and cut it flush with a dremmal. I'd use schedule 80 or thicker pipe.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
@spadaforaj
See this:

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
spadaforaj..........great catch!! I think you received good recommendations in the above posts. Hopefully, the drain hole is minimum distance from the bottom of the anchor locker floor so the locker fully drains. In my case it was not so rather than install a new one I installed a shelf to get the anchor rode off the bottom to avoid contacting the floor, which might have residual water in it.

Last edited: