Getting the H34!

Feb 26, 2009
Oday 30 Anchor Yacht Club, Bristol PA
I was really blown away with the good condition of this boat!

It doesn't smell,
Comes with AC, and refrigeration in the icebox definitely two big pluses.

False bilge was open and rather clean, there was a major downpour over the weekend and it was dry inside compression post looks good too.

Need to get survey and all that stuff of course

I'll update as things progress, the owners accepted my offer she's a 1986!

Attachments

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Good luck, looks nice, sounds good. Same length and year as me! :)

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
Congrats Denise. 1200 + H34 owners listed here so do not hesitate with your questions. A good number of us have had their boat for a long time so are familiar with most of the issues and can volonteer a lot of info. Fair winds !

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
congratulations on what appears to be a great find.
I have a H34 1983 original owner and was at the factory when it was under construction. These are great boats and get a bad review as they were mass production boats, but what boat at that price point in that era was a better deal for what you got. I've been extremely happy with this boat going on 38 years now. No major issues that couldn't be resolved. I've been a sailing instructor for years and sailed on about a hundred deferent sailboats and none I enjoy more the my h34

Good luck!⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Feb 26, 2009
Thank you everyone for the encouragement! They did accept my offer, I have her scheduled for survey and se trial August 2nd so by August 7th, she should be mine 100%!

I could do a lot worse! I'm going back to take more pictures next week!

Thinking, wondering about anchor windlass, either electric or manual. I can make a separate thread on this if necessary, I would like to see if anyone has pictures of their anchor windlass installation. (Yes I know you don't use the wind list to break out the anchor from the bottom!)
THANKS!

Feb 26, 2009
Better hold off on the congratulations! Everything about the boat is good except the bilge is filling faster than I'm comfortable with!

Owner was working on it last night claims it was a through hull

Attachments