1997 Hunter 430 "Highlands" Texas

Jan 21, 2021
Hunter Hunter 430 Cape Town
I'm interested to know if anyone on this forum has any information about this boat. I'm thinking of buying it but it seems to have a "history". HIN#HUN43193i697

Jan 21, 2021
I don't know the history and that is what I'm trying to find out. The wheel has been removed from the helm as well as the mainsheet traveller arch which holds the instruments. The anti fouling has not been kept up and the hull looks patchy below the waterline.

Jan 21, 2021
I do not know if it was vandalised or whether the person working on it just "gave up". The interior looks like that it was left just as is (beds unmade, stuff everywhere) boat is being sold by a third party with no vested interest other than just to get rid of it.

Attachments

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Hi Justin, I have added a reply with pictures of the state of the interior. I was hoping to find the previous or original owner who might be able to give me some insight.
Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith. I've been documenting as much as I can on Bella

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
At least you still have the wheel. That's a few dollars. Did you find the traveler?

Jan 21, 2021
At least you still have the wheel. That's a few dollars. Did you find the traveler?
The arch is there but has been removed. I can only think because the electronics needed work. Why else would you disconnect them and take the Main Sheet traveller arch down?

Attachments

Jun 2, 2011
Hunter H33 Port Credit Harbour, ON.
The arch is there but has been removed. I can only think because the electronics needed work. Why else would you disconnect them and take the Main Sheet traveller arch down?
The arch would have to be removed if it was transported over the road.

Jun 2, 2011
Hunter H33 Port Credit Harbour, ON.
I cant speak specifically about the fiberglass arch but the steel arches are easy to install. It is bolted on with 4 bolts on each leg with the wiring in the middle of one leg mount. Obviously mounted with sealant. It looks like the the arch in the picture bolts through the side. There must be some access to the bolts from inside the cockpit locker.

Jan 21, 2021
Thanks Jake, what concerns me is the reconnecting of the instruments in the arch. Any idea where I could get a wiring diagram that identifies the instruments via the wire color coding?

Mar 27, 2021
yamaha 30 tokyo
I do not know if it was vandalised or whether the person working on it just "gave up". The interior looks like that it was left just as is (beds unmade, stuff everywhere) boat is being sold by a third party with no vested interest other than just to get rid of it.
Hi, did you see the boat? I thought the mast was laying down n the ground next to it, no?