Catalina 25 questions.

Aug 10, 2020
Catalina C25 3559 Rocky Mount
hello! I stumbled across an older fella with a 1985 c25 with a swing keel. He bought it years ago for his family and it's sat there tied to the dock for over a decade being sailed less than 10 times since he bought it. it comes with the original main and jib, storm jib and genoa. Head sails are all very good, main is good, but shows more wear from being stored on the boom. early 2000's 9.9 mariner that has only been ran a couple dozen times and a trailer that had new tires, bunks, brakes a decade ago, but has been stored under a car port. Boat has spent it's life in fresh water, as has the trailer and kicker.

It's a make offer kinda situation.

other than the basic sailboat stuff (rigging, chainplates, bulkheads, soft decks... are their any model specific issues I should look for? Other than mildew and crap growing on the outside, and a bit if wet carpet from the companionway not being fully closed the last couple months, the boat seems very clean and solid.

Owner paid 5k with trailer a decade + ago. what would be a fair offer? this isn't a big sailing lake, but I sail it and am looking to upgrade.

thanks in advance for ant advice.

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
I had a C25 swing keel. Good weekend cruiser. Easy to get parts. Lots of support. Comfy. $2500.00 if it is sailable. Definitely have an inspector go over the standing rigging especially at the deck attachment points. If the rig is old consider replacing it. Check hinge on the swing keel.