Toerail damage B323 finding a replacement

Apr 7, 2020
Beneteau 323 DOSC Dubai
Hello fellow Colleagues, we sustained some toerail damage. the intend is to get it repaired/replaced. (not a discussion on how it happened )

Who knows where to find a piece of Toerail? Anyone had a similar problem to fix?

Beneteau Oceanis 323 2007.

Attachments

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
I don't believe from what I have read on forums that the Beneteau rail is no longer available. If you look at the crest link provided above ,maybe you can cut out a section both sides depending where the damage is and install a toe rail track section.

Jan 7, 2014
Beneteau 45F5 51551 Port Jefferson
I have a similar ding, (also no discussion of how it happened but suffice to say I was not the one at the helm) I haven't fixed it yet. Yours is a bit worse than mine. It looks like the screw has pulled out of the deck and you may be getting water in there. Someone suggested a using a C-Clamp with some metal plate to take out the kink. I am thinking a vice might do it to. I was browsing harbor freight for some type of hydraulic squisher but didn't see anything like that. Brake calipers maybe?

Oct 3, 2008
Beneteau 393 Chesapeake Bay
I have a Beneteau 393 and sustained damage to the toerail a couple of years ago. It's aluminum, and quite malleable. Mine was bent up more than inboard like yours, but the outboard lip/flange lifted off of the hull/deck joint, exposing a bit of the joint.

Before you spend a lot of money, try repairing it. In my case, I first resealed the area under the bent up piece with 4200, and used a small wooden spatula (like a popsicle stick) to spread it out as necessary. Then I carefully used blocks of soft wood (pine or fir 2x3 and 2x4) and a hammer. Yup, that's right. The old fashion way. I was careful, took my time, and lo and behold you can not notice it from 15 feet away. No problems since.

Yours looks fixable. Start on the piece bent inboard and see how the metal moves. You may want to start gingerly, but might need to wack harder. I believe that as you do that, the part that is slightly lifting from the deck will go back down too. If not, you may need to attend to that area specifically too, but be careful not to cause fiberglass impact damage. You will probably be able to get it functional pretty quickly and the rest is getting to look acceptable cosmetically.