356 water heater hose

Jan 5, 2017
Hunter 356 SF Bay / Delta
Discovered this chafe on the water heater hoses while working on some unrelated maintenance. I checked the Hunter plumbing SOP and it doesn't indicate a length for these. Does anyone know how much replacement hose I should order?

1600750115362.png

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
...................I checked the Hunter plumbing SOP and it doesn't indicate a length for these. Does anyone know how much replacement hose I should order?
Yep, unfortunately the Hunter owner's manual does not specify plumping hose lengths. However, fortunately the plumbing run between the engine and water tank is relatively close. Hopefully, a 356 owner on this forum has done that project and documented the material list.

Mar 20, 2004
Hunter 356 and 216 Portland, ME
sorry, I didn't measure this one - the water heater is under the forward edge of the master berth, about 6"back from the edge - the hoses are on that end, run under the sole across to the engine and then up. I'd guess about 8', but I'd order 12' each if you can't get to the boat to measure, to allow for bends and running up the front of the engine. I installed a metal male/female hose end pair in the hose so I have a fill/bleed split in the heater hoses - a known chance for airlock when filling

Jan 5, 2017
Hunter 356 SF Bay / Delta
Finished this project yesterday. Used Ralph's advice and added the split loom electrical conduit. The heater hose already had a hose fill on both ends, which I ended up needing to use to top up the coolant.
The hardest part of the project was cutting the two zip ties that hunter used in the factory to attach the hoses to the underside. One of them was just accessible through the hole fore and starboard of the engine. The other one I could not reach, nor pull the hose through. I ended up enlarging the 3" hole in front of the diesel tank to 4", which was enough to get my hand far enough in to cut the tie.
If I were to do this project again I would buy a harder wall hose. I used Shields 135 and the bend at the water heater isn't enough to kink the hose, but it's close.