Handle sticks

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
On my friends Capri 26 he states his handle sticks pushing down to flush, I told him make sure he is pumped out! but than I thought about head lube for him, using mineral oil, I have not seen it. My thought also went to clogged vent loop, boat pretty much sat out all last season and he is a new owner. I will see the boat thursday. Thoughts besides buy Peggys book, which I already have!

Jul 5, 2011
Oday 28 Madison, CT
If my head sits for a long time, I have seen this. I applied just a tiny bit of vaseline to the shaft itself and that plus some use brought it around. You still need to lube the head itself as per Peggy's direction.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
A quick check is to open the pump out cap and try pumping the head. If there is a restriction somewhere in the plumbing, like the vents, it won't be an issue because the cap is open.

Lubricating with Super Lube may help. Or it may be time to take the pump apart and rebuild it which may or may not be a financially viable option.

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Both of my heads with pumps about a year old do the same thing unless I hold the select lever over to the dry bowl side.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Thanks everyone I will let you know the solution