CNG Tank Refill in Los Angeles? *DESPERATE*

Jul 1, 2020
Catalina Catalina 30 Port Royal Marina, Redondo Bea
I've been reluctant to ask, since I see the forum is littered with posts regarding CNG. I'm in Redondo Beach and bought a Catalina 30 last year in Marina Del Rey. It's fitted with a CNG stove and heater which are fantastic, but the gas finally ran out and I cannot for the life of me find a tank exchange location or service in SoCal. All the other posts about CNG seem to be east coast based. Can ANYONE point me to a tank exchange/refill service in LA? I've tried Marina Del Rey and San Pedro with no luck.

Nov 22, 2011
Ericson 26-2 San Pedro, CA
I've been reluctant to ask, since I see the forum is littered with posts regarding CNG. I'm in Redondo Beach and bought a Catalina 30 last year in Marina Del Rey. It's fitted with a CNG stove and heater which are fantastic, but the gas finally ran out and I cannot for the life of me find a tank exchange location or service in SoCal. All the other posts about CNG seem to be east coast based. Can ANYONE point me to a tank exchange/refill service in LA? I've tried Marina Del Rey and San Pedro with no luck.
The fuel dock at Alamitos Bay Marina used to do bottle exchanges. It's been several years since I owned a CNG stove and can't guarantee they are still doing the swaps, but that's where I'd check first.

XE3

Jul 1, 2020
Mariner 36 San Francisco
Daves Fuel Dock, ventura harbor. exchange bottle about $45. call before you go they usually only have a few readily available. they prefer cash not credit for CNG refills. been using them for a couple years now. was there this weekend and they had 3 available after my exchange.

Jul 1, 2020
The fuel dock at Alamitos Bay Marina used to do bottle exchanges. It's been several years since I owned a CNG stove and can't guarantee they are still doing the swaps, but that's where I'd check first.
Just called them and they have them!!! THANK YOU.

Nov 22, 2011
You're welcome.

Out of curiosity, what price are they charging for a swap? Back when I was doing it (about 9 years ago) it was like $40. I'll bet it's got to be more than that now.

Jul 1, 2020
You're welcome.

Out of curiosity, what price are they charging for a swap? Back when I was doing it (about 9 years ago) it was like $40. I'll bet it's got to be more than that now.
$50 plus tax (I checked with Ventura as well, they also have them $43 inc tax - but not worth the drive) Given I likely only need one every 12 months - I am fine with the price.

Nov 22, 2011
$50 plus tax (I checked with Ventura as well, they also have them $43 inc tax - but not worth the drive) Given I likely only need one every 12 months - I am fine with the price.
I'm surprised it's not more than that. Anyway, glad you found a solution to your problem.