Water spigot for gallon milk jugs

MySong

Aug 20, 2019
Hunter 26 1001 Rocky Fork
I am looking for a water spigot that would fit on a 1 gallon jug. I tried the ones that come with the regular freshwater bladders and they're just about 1/8 of an inch too big so they won't stay on.

If anyone has any ideas it would be really appreciated. below is an example of what I'm trying to do

IMG_20200521_055830.jpg

Nov 12, 2009
J/ 32 NCYC, Western Lake Erie
If that cap is a relatively close fit, how about wrapping the bottle neck with electrical tape or plumber's Teflon tape?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Don't they sell those dispensing containers in every conrtainer store or bed Bath & Beyond store across the nation? I believe I've even seen them hanging above the racks of food in supermarket isles.

MySong

Aug 20, 2019
Don't they sell those dispensing containers in every conrtainer store or bed Bath & Beyond store across the nation? I believe I've even seen them hanging above the racks of food in supermarket isles.
I am not looking for a dispensing container. I'm looking for a spigot that will fit on a Standard 1 gallon milk jug

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
I am not looking for a dispensing container. I'm looking for a spigot that will fit on a Standard 1 gallon milk jug
You know, I actually got that, but if you can get a container that does the job, why go to all this fuss? decanting a gallon of milk isn't really that hard to do, is it?

MySong

Aug 20, 2019
You know, I actually got that, but if you can get a container that does the job, why go to all this fuss? decanting a gallon of milk isn't really that hard to do, is it?
boat is not local and it is used by different people. Being able to get the containers home every time, cleaned out, to the next person and back to the boat is much more fuss

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
In this "New World" environment of "Corona Virus" and old school "BYOB" plan might be simpler.
BYOB - Bring Your Own (contamination free )Bottle

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Ease up on the OP ! Maybe it is not a food product he wants to dispense. I've seen chicken feed dispensed from a "milk" bottle with an improvised lid. Perhaps the container he wants to use is not from milk, but it can just fit the same stopper/dispenser???.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Knowing that milk jugs are made from resin. And that not all of the resin is virgin sourced, any long term storage would be ill advised.

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
Just a warning. I have used milk jugs to store flush water for the head. They only last a limited time before they start to leak. The Arizona tea jugs are much better.