H260

Apr 8, 2013
Hunter 260 Nanaimo
Hopefully moving up in the new season .
One thing that has surprised me is how many people are in the market for a H260. Is their a shortage of these or this style boat.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I'm confused. Are you selling yours or looking to buy one?

I have the H26 (the older original model) and can say that they are really nice. It is obvious that the designers were sailors. There is very little wasted space on the boat and things are where they seem like they should be. The only thing I would have done differently is to replace the sink in the enclosed head with a standing locker. There is also a sink in the galley (less than two feet from the sink in the head). So it seems superfluous to have two sinks. There is also a lot of storage under the V-berth that is hard to use efficiently. But it would make a good place to put an AC unit if you wanted to install one.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Probably looking for one. As a dealer I sold nearly quarter of the production line. New it was winner being stopped with the first one in tow in 1997

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
I see you’ve moved to Nanaimo. Retirement to a larger boat or commuting?

either way the new local gives a much larger selection of destinations and sailboat sizes!

Nov 18, 2016
Hunter 260 Lucky Peak, ID
Maxin C,

Will be traveling past this summer with ours if you need to take a look. Planning a launch at Campbell River and cruising Desolation Sound for a few weeks. JT

Apr 8, 2013
Hunter 260 Nanaimo
Yes looking to sell and move up .
Not many for sale so getting a fair bit of interest.
As I shop for boats I'm surprised by the prices being asked for some older boats that were cheap a few years ago. Everything seems to have gone up.
Broker told me big increase in sailboat demand and no inventory. Thought it might be due to all the sailing VLOGs.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Here is a very similar boat to the H260 and H26 and it is not far from you

It is essentially Catalina's answer to the mid-sized water ballast boat. I've been in one once before. Very similar to the H260

And this is a Hunter 26.5. Not a water ballast boat but it does come with a trailer

And here is a San Juan w/Trailer

And here is the boat I hope to buy when I retire and move to the NC outer banks....

A really nice Beneteau 28.5 w/trailer

A well kept O'Day 272 w/trailer

Happy Hunting......