Forespar customer service

19thol

May 2, 2014
Hunter 30 St.Petersburg, Fl
I was looking for a place to do a shout out to Forespar, couldn't find one so here it goes.
When I bought my new to me boat, it had two whisker poles, a small extendable one and a large extendable one. Somehow I managed to lose the end of the small one that attaches to the mast. I looked hi and low, no good, looked online for several months, saw what looked like the part I needed, but not enough info on the webpages to be sure. So I ended up sending Forespar an email explaining my situation along with the part number of my pole, and asking if it's possible to purchase the end I was missing. It was right before christmas and I didn't hear from them for several weeks, I chalked that up to the holidays. About that time I get an email from Forespar, saying they sent me a package and it'll arrive in a few days. I assumed it was a catalog with the listings needed to get the correct part, but I was wrong. They had sent the part I needed, along with a spare. Didn't have to prove that I had purchased the whisker pole or any of that, they just sent me a new one. (2) Guess what company I look at if I ever need a new one of anything they sell?

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
On a related note, last week I took some rigging to Rigging Only in Fairhaven, MA. They were helpful and expedited my order so I didn't have to pay shipping. I wanted to give them a shout out too.

Perhaps SBO could add a forum for shout outs to those companies that offer excellent service. Of course the top ranking will no doubt go to the SBO store.

What about it, @Phil Herring and @Brian D ?

JerryA

Oct 17, 2004
Tanzer 29 Jeanneau Design Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie
Several years ago I sent Forespar a suggestion to improve one of there products. They thanked me and sent me a couple tee shirts. Pretty cool.