Documentation renewal

Feb 2, 2010
Island Packet 37 Hull #2 Harpswell Me
Be wary when applying online for renewal.
I know there are scamming companies out there but yet again i nearly fell for one of the dummy sites. It was only the fee of $70 instead of the correct $26 that alerted me i was on the wrong site.
After a bit of checking i found that there are 8 scamming sites that come up ahead of the official site when you do a USCG.MIL/NVDC search.

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
Maybe I’ll wait for them to mail me the renewal form. Then I can sign it, enclose a check for the right amount, and send it back to them. I won’t get six month’s worth of spam emails from leaving an email address “out there", and it won’t cost me any more than a stamp. Don’t plan to launch the boat before April anyway.

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
My mail renewal arrived today. I saved the online site as a book mark a few years ago. So much easier. My PC goes to the correct site and auto logs on.....

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I think the one I just got in the mail is bogus too. I usually call them, get the cost and address, and mail it.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
I got one in the mail that was a third party. I then got the real one. Renewed online and recieved the paper in about two weeks.

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
UPDATE: The arrival of the renewal notification from NVDC prompted me. I just finished my renewal. Took maybe 3 minutes. Had to change my password again this year. I think this is an annual default. But everything had been saved so it was just clicks after the password change.