Why is my sail coming apart?

Jan 8, 2015
MacGregor 26S, Goman Express 30 Kerr Reservoir
Well, I had hoped to take the boat out today and get some more pics as suggested but projects at home kept me off the water.

I have been in contact with National Sail Supply for a new Rolly Tasker mainsail. They gave me a quote that is well within what I would have expected with delivery in about a month. I also set in a copy of that first pic from this post and he sent me a sheet to fill in with the measurements to accommodate my setup.

Thanks everybody for your suggestions, I really do need to learn more about proper sail trim. With consistently switchy winds here on inland lakes in Oklahoma, the effectiveness of minute adjustments are hard to discern. Being self taught, I can't tell if the change I made resulted in an improvement or not when the wind keeps changing velocity and/or direction.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Being self taught, I can't tell if the change I made resulted in an improvement or not when the wind keeps changing velocity and/or direction.
This is where tell tales earn their keep. If the tell tales are flowing correctly, then the sail is trimmed correctly, even if the difference is hard for us humans to detect.